Time-Tested Materials, Third Party Verified Performance
- The elastomer backing is manufactured from Newman’s famous polymer-rich 2107 EPDM compound.
- The TFMTM facing of the diaphragm is made from time proven 3MTM/DyneonTM modified PTFE, the choice of the diaphragm valve industry for pharmaceutical applications and validated for years. Manufacturer certified USP Class VI.
- Mechanical exposure testing by Newman and third party industry experts to 500 steam cycles and over 100,000 valve cycles has demonstrated exceptional steam resistance and long term durability. Newman’s backings are shown to impart outstanding sealing properties at the lowest bonnet torque values.
Contact our Specialists at Newman
Newman Sanitary Gasket Company’s mission is to continually grow in our ability to meet our customers’ needs and improve our capabilities. We strive for excellence in quality, service, supply, distribution, and product development and performance. You can count on Newman Sanitary Gasket Company as your number one provider for all your gasket needs.
Certified Peace of Mind and Ground Breaking Traceability
- Each diaphragm meets the requirements of FDA CFR Title 21 177.2600 (elastomers) and paragraph 177.1550 (perfluorocarbons) and USP Class VI.
- Setting a new standard for traceability and causing a stir across the industry, every diaphragm is fully batch traceable at the part level, an exclusive in the industry (patent pending). This means that you will know the exact style, size, composition and provenance of every diaphragm in your system, simply by looking at the back of the diaphragm.
- Each diaphragm is backed by Newman’s unbeatable 45 year history in manufacturing of premium elastomer parts for the pharmaceutical industry.
Single Piece Laminated Diaphragmfor Aquasyn® Valves
EPDM (Ethylene Propylene Diene Monomer) Laminated TFM (Modified PTFE)
Single piece Newman NewFlo™ Diaphragms made from TFM laminated onto Newman 2107 EPDM are chosen for Aquasyn® Valves where the chemical resistance of Teflon™ (PTFE) is required. It is resistant to most chemicals, solvents, CIP solutions, hot WFI and steam. Test before using on higher pressure or vacuum systems.
- Temperature Range: -20°F (-28°C) to 300°F (148°C) *
- Continuous Liquid Media: -20°F (-28C°) to 300°F (148C°) *
- FDA Extraction Studies per 21CFR177.2600 (elastomers) and 21CFR177.1550 (PTFE)
- Testing according to USP Chapter <87> and
Chapter <88> Class VI
- ADI Free
- RoHS Directive 2011/65/EU and 2015/863
- Other certifications available upon request
|Newman Part #||OEM Part #||A||B||Fastener||Availability|
|NAS-25-RX-E1L1||D16P||2.12(54MM)||1.81(46MM)||M6 x .1||Stock|
|NAS-40-RX-E1L1||D24P||2.75(70MM)||2.56(65MM)||M6 x .1||Stock|
Validation Package Information. You may have already validated Newman’s NewFlo™ Diaphragm compounds
Validation of Newman’s diaphragms in your system may not require the rigorous procedures and high cost you may be facing with other replacement diaphragms. Specifically created to be substituted in your valves as functional equivalents, Newman diaphragms are precision designed and manufactured from the highest quality conforming materials already validated in the industry. We have chosen to use the best modified fluoropolymer, TFM™ (genuine Dyneon™ Hostaflon® TFM™ from 3M®), which has been shown to have superior steam resistance and outstanding flex life. The EPDM backing is made from Newman’s premium, polymer rich 2107 compound: the same EPDM used in our gaskets, O-rings and OEM parts. You have no doubt validated at least one of our 2107 EPDM products already in use in your processing areas. Newman’s EPDM has demonstrated exceptional chemical and steam resistance and provides enhanced sealing properties. Under testing, Newman’s diaphragms have successfully performed at the lowest bonnet torque values and have not required retorqueing. This benefits service life and reduces maintenance. Newman’s EPDM has shown superior dynamic strength that translates into more cycles before changeout is needed.
Newman NewFlo™ Diaphragms: Setting a new standard of excellence in sanitary valve diaphragms:
- Proven reputation
- Proven materials
- Proven performance
- Unmatched traceability
Validation Binder includes:
- General Compliance Test Results
- Physical Test Results
- USP 24-19 Testing
- Section <87> Biological Reactivity Tests
- Section <88> Biological Reactivity Tests
- Code of Federal Regulations
- Certificates of Conformance
Certified Peace of Mind and Ground Breaking Traceability.
Dyneon™, TFM™ and Hostaflon® are trademarks of Dyneon a 3-M company.
Newman Diaphragms LLC. (NDI) does not manufacture or sell ITT®, Saunders® or Gemü™ OEM valves or diaphragms. NDI is not affiliated with any of these companies, nor is NDI or any of its products sponsored by or endorsed by any of these companies.
We guarantee highest quality sanitary elastomer parts available on the market.
Newman Sanitary Gasket Company is a leading manufacturer of FDA and USP Class VI seals for High Purity Process applications such as the Pharmaceutical, Food & Beverage and Dairy industries. Newman Diaphragms provides world class replacement diaphragms for ITT®, Gemü®, Saunders® and Aquasyn® valves.